Friday, February 22, 2008

Task 15 Google Book Search

For me, a Goggle Book Search read is not quite the same as curling up on the sofa with a hard copy of a good book.

However, in my look at Book Search I did find that there were some advantages. The links to related books, other editions, web pages and finding a library with a copy can be useful.
The main disadvantage I found was that some of the text may be difficult to read and illustrations and photos don't display so well.

During a search, a book that caught my attention had been published in 1860. The book was a personal account of a women's point of view of everyday life in the colonies. My experiences in Australia told the story of a women's 15 month visit to the Australian colonies from 1856-7.
When I tried to download the book it came up with an error so I will have to try again. I think it's one I must read.

No comments: